sunnyday

I am addicted to sunny days. The ones where you walk outside and the sunshine hits you... and you just can't help smiling... welcome to the world of the happy pixie!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Paris

I thought I'd escape the heat in Paris, but it was even hotter than down south in Lisboa! Still, that didn't stop Sara and I from walking around this huge city.

We started at Montmatre, by climbing up to Basilique du Sacre-Coeur - made more interesting by me losing the map. From there we headed towards the river, passing through Pigalle (and the Moulin Rouge) and the shopping district (see right) to the Avenue des Champs-Elysees. Everywhere we went, there was another impressive building to marvel at.




The search for crepes proved harder than expected, but we found a shop that sold them - then after lunch, passed about 10 more! We weren't about to make the same mistake with ice cream though and stopped for a huge bowl on the Champs-Elysees.




We needed all that energy to climb the Arc de Triomphe (see right - amazing view during the day!), then we stopped for a cocktail and to cool our feet in a pool, before lining up to climb the Tour Eiffel (see above). I'd underestimated how long this took - it was around 11pm by the time we were back down and I was famished! (I guess ice cream, cheese and crepes don't really sustain you for a whole day of walking). Still, it was an impressive sight at night.


The next day we visited Notre Dame, then wandered through the Latin Quarter before I had to leave... It was great to finally catch up on 2 years worth of news with Sara... maybe I'll see you over there again soon.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great photos!

Alpha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home