sunnyday

I am addicted to sunny days. The ones where you walk outside and the sunshine hits you... and you just can't help smiling... welcome to the world of the happy pixie!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Rottnest Island & Perth

After demanding a refund from the backpackers, we headed off to Rottnest Island, stopping off to check out the sculptures dotting Cottesloe Beach (see pics below).

While S & N opted for the quokka walk, we hired bikes and snorkels and rode off to the beach. The fish were amazing - the best snorkelling I've ever done (although W correctly pointed out that I don't often snorkel, because I'm usually diving). It really felt like you were in an underwater world, peeking in on all the sea creatures.

We stopped at a couple of beaches, drying off during the rides in the sun, before it all ended in blood, sweat and no tears. I managed to test out my helmet (it does work) and end up with scrapes down the left half of my body attempting, I'm sure, a very difficult manoeuvre on the bicycle (don't ask me about it)...


The next day we spent in Perth, primarily collecting food for a picnic in Kings Park, which perhaps surprisingly, can take 3/4 of a day. I like Perth - very green, lots of water, very peaceful - but there really isn't that much to do there as a visitor. We picked up our 'no birds...' car (I still don't get the tag line), thanked S & N for their impromptu hospitality and headed off into the south west.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home