sunnyday

I am addicted to sunny days. The ones where you walk outside and the sunshine hits you... and you just can't help smiling... welcome to the world of the happy pixie!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Gomez at the Prince

Firstly, this night was to launch the Fitzgerald Foundation (for anyone interested, brain cancer is the biggest solid cancer killer of ppl our age - congrats to the organisers for a wonderful night!)

Emily Ulman and Dallas Crane were on first - they were good, although I was really there to see Gomez. In between acts, we were depressed with an informative slideshow about brain cancer, roused with an auction / raffle, then finally they brought out Ben, Ian & Tom.

It's understandable being a little hesitant of a band with guitars / sound effects playing acoustically, but I loved it. The only other time I've seen them was at a festival in Germany, but the more intimate venue really suited them. I'd somehow managed to curl up and have a nap (tired and sick after a record number of hours sleep on the weekend!) but when Get Myself Arrested came on, I was wide awake and bopping away.

They did an awesome version of Sweet Virginia, In Our Gun (with an amazingly energetic ending) and played one of my favourites, Love is Better Than a Warm Trombone. There was a great mix of new / classics and the guys took turns singing / drinking together and alone.

Hmm, now I wish I had tickets to see them at the Hi-Fi Ballroom!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home