sunnyday

I am addicted to sunny days. The ones where you walk outside and the sunshine hits you... and you just can't help smiling... welcome to the world of the happy pixie!

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Chocolates...

Dragged myself out of bed this morning to go to the Level 1 Choc and Pralines school at Savour in Brunswick. It was probably a little too early and tasting choc / choc ingredients at 9am probably didn't help my stomach.
We made cut praline, frozen mint, vanilla ganache, strawberry ganache and caramel, learning to temper chocolate (through the innoc and 'table' methods - yes, you just throw the chocolate onto the table and try to keep it moving and off the floor), dip chocolate and use moulds.
By the end of the day (it was only 5 hours, but it felt like the whole day), I could not face a single piece of chocolate - we didn't eat that much, just being around it and inhaling it was enough.
Even though I didn't do the hard bits (ie. making the fillings), it's still great to eat and give away chocs that 'I' made.
Will I try it home? Probably not, considering the ingredients and equipment you need, but it was still a lot of fun!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home