sunnyday

I am addicted to sunny days. The ones where you walk outside and the sunshine hits you... and you just can't help smiling... welcome to the world of the happy pixie!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Snow! (And food)

It snowed today! Snow is so beautiful. Not just on the ground, but when it's falling. So much more beautiful than rain. You really don't see the four seasons in Melbourne the way you see it in Europe.

I've decided that I'm going to miss the food in Graz. Despite the huge portions, I think the food is actually quite good for me. Because it is so hearty (although perhaps a little too salty), I find that I can never finish my meal and am therefore not overeating... perfect!

Some really nice people at Infonova have been driving us to little restaurants or guesthouses nearby for lunch. Apart from the pizza days, you usually order the 'menu', which is 2-3 courses for around 6-8 Euro... and the food is fantastic!!!

I have lots of favourites. I am now a big fan of clear soups, especially the ones with scrambled pancakes or dumplings in them (even liver dumplings). I had the most amazing one yesterday, with little Malteser-sized balls of souffle-like dough. They were hollow and squirted out soup when you popped them in your mouth.

The main meals tend to be meat and something else. The meat is usually in a rich, thickish sauce. The something else ranges from more dumplings to potatoes to dough that looks like potato to risotto to sauerkraut to nudels/pasta. And yes, because it's me I like the dumplings the best.

Desserts I can always finish. I've had cakes, pastries, pancakes with ice cream - all of them are fine with me :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home